Main Purpose of Role
An opportunity has arisen to join Pendragon as an entry level Legal Sub-editor. As the successful candidate, you will be working as part of the editorial team producing accurate and up-to-date information for inclusion on Perspective. Your main role will involve editing documents in preparation for their inclusion on Perspective, using a variety of software packages (particular emphasis on working in SGML). You will be working with a wide range of source materials, including primary and secondary legislation, regulatory texts, full texts of judgments contained in UK and foreign law reports, Government consultations and many other materials which are of relevance to UK pensions professionals.
Subscribers to Perspective have access to our popular daily news service, and you will be responsible for identifying and abstracting relevant news stories and surveys for inclusion on that service and on our PensionSurveys website.
Additionally, you will be delivering Perspective training sessions that we offer our clients; these sessions will either be delivered digitally or face-to-face, and will involve travel within the United Kingdom. You will also be expected to deal with email and telephone helpdesk queries.
Skills and Experience Required
Qualifications / Attainment:
- Educated to degree level, 2:2 or higher, or equivalent
- Excellent eye for detail
- Methodical with high levels of concentration
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to present confidently to a group
- Responds well to pressure and motivated to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude
- Excellent command of English, verbally and in writing
If you would like to apply for this position then please send your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter explaining why the role is of interest to you and why you think you are suitable for it.