Location: Central London
Red Deer is a next generation, state of the art data ingestion platform, which was established with the primary objective of solving the workflow problems that most portfolio managers face today. Red Deer is the only solution that actively brings in all disparate data sets (internal firm driven research, external sell-side research, specific company-related and alternative data sets, including social media, industry specific and the other value added data sets increasingly becoming part of everyday decision making). Its unique design, intuitive approach, and ease of use solve today’s difficult data integration challenge, transforming data into actionable information, and empowering the user to make better investment decisions.
Red Deer leads to clear benefits: information is not missed, and redundant information is not presented. Most importantly, the information and data users do care about is seamlessly integrated into their overall workflow. As relevant information is pushed to the users, it dramatically changes their way of accessing, managing and leveraging the data most pertinent and valuable to them. And better use of data by each user significantly improves the efficiency of the data dollars already being spent across the firm.
Red Deer’s platform is a cloud-hosted web application that will be licensed to investment professionals as a service. The interface is designed to be visually differentiated and to give users easy control of which notifications they get. Underpinning this is architecture that models user, content and community behavior in order to analyse incoming information and surface to users the best and most relevant research. Furthermore the system will advance into the performance management market and compliance markets with an understanding the user’s behavior and how they interact with data, using the installed Red Deer system.
We are seeking a newly created position of Head of Data Store. They will report to the Head of Product and be responsible for the overall data strategy: 3rd Party Data store creation, Messaging, Market Data Feeds, Data Cleansing Strategy (reviewing streamlining and quality control). The role requires someone analytical and ambitious, who is excited by financial data and eager to grow in a start-up environment.
- Own the strategic plan for the newly created Red Deer Data store
- Build a 3 year vision of key providers, key market trends and implement and own the product
- Key stake-holder in commercial construct
- Build revenue targets for the 3rd Party Data offering for Business development to deliver. Measure and hold the team to account
- Build and own the overall messaging and differential value of the data store
- Integrate into all Red Deer mediums
- Data Usage:
- Work with the product team to develop the quality of the data
- Relay potential data quality issues to the Product team and provide solutions to address it
- Improve and streamline processes regarding data quality, usability and value
- Work closely with the product and business teams to ensure a high level of integrity of the data on the Red Deer platform
- Own the working relationships with all key external data providers in the financial industry
- Interact with clients to assist onboarding and consultancy to drive dialogue on cost savings and management of data sets
- Key Focal point to respond to any other data requests from all areas of the business
- A truly analytical and ambitious individual who is excited by financial data and is eager to join a well-funded, fast-growing FinTech start-up
- BA/BSc in in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience within a data provider
- Ability to understand large amounts of financial datasets as well as financial identifiers
- Ability to understand the full lifecycle of data, from sourcing it to displaying it to Red Deer’s users
- Ability to interact with clients from within the financial industry
- Detail orientated and capable of handling multiple tasks
- Motivated, people orientated and driven by the success of our clients
- Able to work well autonomously and well within a team
- Excellent communicator, organised, analytical and enjoys working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Solution driven. Motivated by solving problems and proactive.